The Capabilities Tab is shown in the following figure.
Figure 1. Capabilities Tab
- Total Physical Functions
- A maximum of four Physical Functions can be enabled.
- PF - ID Initial Values
- Vendor ID
- Identifies the manufacturer of the device or application. Valid identifiers are assigned by the PCI Special Interest Group to guarantee that each identifier is unique. The default value, 10EEh, is the Vendor ID for Xilinx. Enter a vendor identification number here. FFFFh is reserved.
- Device ID
- A unique identifier for the application; the
default value, which depends on the configuration selected, is
70h. This field can be any value; change this value for the
The Device ID parameter is evaluated based on:
- The device family: B for Versal.
- EP or RP mode
- Link width
- Link speed
If any of the above values are changed, the Device ID value will be re-evaluated, replacing the previous set value.Recommended: It is always recommended that the link width, speed and Device Port type be changed first and then the Device ID value. Make sure the Device ID value is set correctly before generating the IP.
- Revision ID
- Indicates the revision of the device or application; an extension of the Device ID. The default value is 00h; enter values appropriate for the application.
- Subsystem Vendor ID
- Further qualifies the manufacturer of the device or application. Enter a Subsystem Vendor ID here; the default value is 10EEh. Typically, this value is the same as Vendor ID. Setting the value to 0000h can cause compliance testing issues.
- Subsystem ID
- Further qualifies the manufacturer of the device or application. This value is typically the same as the Device ID; the default value depends on the lane width and link speed selected. Setting the value to 0000h can cause compliance testing issues.
- Class Code
- The Class Code identifies the general function of a device.
- Use Classcode Lookup Assistant
- If selected, the Class Code Look-up Assistant provides the Base Class, Sub-Class and Interface values for a selected general function of a device. This Look-up Assistant tool only displays the three values for a selected function. You must enter the values in Class Code for these values to be translated into device settings.
- Base Class
- Broadly identifies the type of function performed by the device.
- More specifically identifies the device function.
- Defines a specific register-level programming interface, if any, allowing device-independent software to interface with the device.