- Select the IP from the IP catalog.
- Double-click the selected IP or select the Customize IP command from the toolbar or right-click menu.
To instantiate the CAM IP using the IP Catalog, follow these steps:
- Open a project in Vivado.
- Click IP Catalog in the panel on the left. Search for "cam" in the search box of the IP Catalog window and select CAM IP.
- The CAM IP can be configured by double-clicking the instantiated IP.
The CAM IP core in the Vivado Design Environment (IDE) has several fields used to set parameter values for the particular instantiation required. The following section provides descriptions for each field.
- Component Name
- The name of the core component to be instantiated. The name must begin with a letter and be composed of the following characters: a to z, A to Z, 0 to 9 and ‘_’.