For further Power Analysis, you can use the measured Junction Temperature and other thermal settings to feed into Vivado Report Power for better accuracy.
- In the Vivado Design Suite, open the tutorial project and click Open Implemented Design to display the implemented design.
- In the Tcl Console, run the following command to reset any user
defined or SAIF file defined settings.
- In the main menu bar, select .
- In the Environment tab of Report Power dialog box, enter the Junction Temperature value supplied by the hardware power measurement.
- Set the Process to maximum.
- In the Switching tab, make sure that the Simulation activity file (saif) is blank.
- Click OK.
- In the Power Report, observe that the power numbers increase
slightly as compared to the vectorless power analysis using a default Junction
Note that the Junction Temperature is now color coded as being user defined in the Power Report.
- Similarly, you can overwrite the Junction Temperature setting and do a SAIF based power analysis.