- Burn <project>/Hardware/package/sd_card.img to a physical SD card. This creates a boot-able medium for your target platform.
- Insert the SD card into the card reader of the VCK190 evaluation kit.
- Change the boot-mode settings of the card to SD boot mode, and power up the board.
- After the VCK190 is booted, enter the
mountcommand at the command prompt to get a list of mount points. As shown in the following figure, the
mountcommand displays mounting information for the system.Tip: Be sure to capture the proper path for the
cdcommand in the next step, and subsequent commands, based on the results of the
- Execute the following commands:
cd /mnt/mmcblk0p1 source init.sh cat /etc/xocl.txt
catcommand will display the platform name
xilinx_vck190_base_202020_1. You can confirm it is the same as your specified platform and that your setup is correct.
ifconfigto get the IP address of the target card. The IP address is used to set up a TCF agent connection in Vitis IDE. The target needs to connect to the network assigned IP address.
- Create a target connection to the remote accelerator card. Select the Target Connections view. command to open the
- In the Target Connections view, right-click on the Linux TCF Agent and select the New Target command to open the New Target Connection dialog box.
- Specify the Target
Name, enable the Set as
default target check box, and specify the Host IP address of the accelerator
card that you obtained in an earlier step.
- Click OK to close the dialog box and continue.
- Right-click on the top-level system project and select the
This opens the Debug Configurations dialog box to let you set up the tool. For the Hardware builds, you will need to create two launch configurations: one for the top-level system project, and a second for the PS application.
- In the Debug
Configurations dialog box select the New Launch Configuration ()
command to open the Debug
Configurations dialog box as shown.
Be sure to set the following fields on the dialog box as shown in the preceding figure.
- Remote Working Directory: Specify the remote mount location from the accelerator card as determined in an earlier step.
- Linux TCF Agent: Select the new agent you built with the specified IP address for the accelerator card.
- Disable build before launch: This is necessary because without this step, the tool will try to build your system before running the application.
- Select Apply to apply your
changes and select Debug to start the
This opens the Debug perspective in the Vitis IDE, and connects to the PS application and AI Engine graph running on their respective cores in the QEMU. The application automatically breaks at the
main()function for all the ELF files.
With the top-level system project built, you must use the following steps to debug the application in the Hardware build target.
From this point you can do all the debug activities such as, step in, step over, viewing variables, apply break points in the emulation environment. See Using the Debug Environment for more information.