- Power off the board.
- Connect the JTAG port on the board to the workstation using a JTAG cable.
- Connect the serial port on the board to your workstation.
- Connect the Ethernet port on the board to the local network via a network switch.
- For Zynq®-7000 devices and Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC device boards, ensure that the mode switches are set to JTAG mode. Refer to the board documentation for details.
- Power on the board.
- Open a console on your workstation and start with preferred serial communication program (for example, kermit, minicom) with the baud rate set to 115200 on that console.
- Run the
petalinux-bootcommand as follows on your workstation
$ petalinux-boot --jtag --prebuilt 2 --hw_server-url <hostname:3121>
- When autoboot starts, hit any key to stop it. The example of a workstation console output for successful U-Boot download is:
- Check whether the
TFTPserver IP address is set to the IP Address of the host where the image resides. This can be done using the following command:
ZynqMP> print serverip
- Set the server IP address to the host IP address using the
ZynqMP> setenv serverip <HOST IP ADDRESS>
- Get the pxe boot file using the following command:
ZynqMP> pxe get
- Boot the kernel using the following command:
ZynqMP> pxe boot