Leakage power increases exponentially with respect to junction temperature. Thus, it is very important to accurately specify the environment conditions in XPE. Environment settings allow the following flows:
- User specified junction temperature
- Enter the targeted junction temperature or the maximum
junction temperature of the device and ambient temperature.
- XPE calculates maximum Effective ΘJA to meet requirements (the Effective ΘJA field is read-only).
- XPE estimated junction temperature
- Enter ambient temperature and effective ΘJA, from which XPE
calculates the junction temperature.
- Derive Effective ΘJA from thermal simulation
Junction Temperature = Ambient Temperature + (Effective ΘJA * Total On-chip Power)
XPE alerts you if the specified or calculated junction temperature exceeds the device temperature grade margin.