The Versal ACAP XPE has a dedicated sheet for the NoC and DDR4 memory controller (DDRMC) power estimation, as shown in the following figure.
Figure 1. XPE NoC-DDRMC Power Sheet
Following are the recommended flows to enable accurate power estimation:
- Manual Entry Flow
- Use this flow for early power estimation when a Vivado tools design is not yet available or
- Manually specify the configuration of the NoC data path to get the estimated power.
- Create a DDR interface using the DDRMC Wizard if you are using a hard DDR in your design.
- Vivado Tools Export/Import Flow
- After an IP integrator design is available in the Vivado tools with NoC present as an IP, use
this flow for a more accurate NoC power estimation. In this flow, the
Vivado tools generate the .xpe file
with all the information required for NoC power estimation.
- In the Vivado IP integrator design
validate_bd_designis run, the NOC_Power.xpe file is generated with all the NoC configurations.
- After the .xpe file for the NoC design is generated, import this .xpe file into the Versal ACAP XPE NoC_DDRMC sheet.
- XPE uses NoC and DDRMC data from the .xpe file based on the NoC solution from the IP integrator block design.
- In the Vivado IP integrator design when
Note: For more information, see the Xilinx Power Estimator User Guide for Versal ACAP (UG1275).