You can automatically place the signal groups for memory controllers individually or all at one time. You can target an I/O bank or a group of I/O banks for each memory controller. To automatically assign signal groups:
- Click the Auto Assign Controllers button .
- Select Auto-place All Controllers or
- In the Select Banks for Auto-Place dialog box, select one of the following options:
Note: A warning opens if you did not select enough I/O banks to accommodate the memory controllers.
- System Selected
- Allows the Vivado tools to find an optimal placement for the memory controllers.
- User Selected
- Allows you to select the banks to target for the memory controllers.
After auto-placing, a confirmation dialog box lists the number of placed ports.