The first unique step in any DFX design flow (project based or otherwise) is to define the parts of the design to be marked as reconfigurable. This is done via context menus in the Hierarchical Source View in project mode.
- Extract the design from the TSC archive. The
dfx_project_debugdata directory is referred to in this tutorial as the
- Open the Vivado IDE and select Create Project, then click Next.
- Select the
<Extract_Dir>as the Project location. Leave the Project name as
project_1, and leave the Create project subdirectory option checked. Click Next.
- Select RTL Project and ensure the Do not specify sources checkbox is unchecked, then click Next.
- Click the Add Files button and select these sources
to add to the design:
Do not select add.v or mult_no_ila.v (in the adder and multiplier_without_ila folders, respectively), as these are the sources for RMs that will be added later.
- Select the Copy sources into project checkbox.
- Click Next to get to the Add Constraints window, then click the Add Files button, and select the following file: <Extract_Dir>\Sources\xdc\top_io_<board>.xdc
- Select the Copy constraints files into
project checkbox.Note: These constraint files are full design constraints, scoped to the top-level design. This constraint file does not include a floorplan.
- Click Next to choose the part. In the Part selector,
click on Boards and (using filters if needed) choose the
appropriate target platform:
- Kintex UltraScale KCU105 Evaluation Platform
- Virtex UltraScale VCU108 Evaluation Platform
- Kintex UltraScale+ KCU116 Evaluation Platform
- Virtex UltraScale+ VCU118 Evaluation Platform
- Then click Next and then Finish to complete project creation. The Sources
window shows a standard hierarchical view of the design. Figure 1. Sources View After Project Creation
If red lock icons appear on either IP, as shown above, select Upgrade Selected to bring them to the most recent version available. Leave Core Container disabled and click Skip when asked to generate output products.to see if they can be upgraded. Ensure any out-of-date IP are checked, then click
At this point, a standard project is open. Nothing specific to Dynamic Function eXchange has been done yet. Next, you will add an ILA core.
- In the Flow Navigator, under Project Manager, open the IP Catalog and navigate to .
- Right-click on the ILA (Integrated Logic
Analyzer) and select Customize
IP. Customize the IP with these non-default options on the
General Options and Probe_Ports(0..0) tabs :
Figure 2. ILA Customized for the Multiplier Function
- Component Name: ila_mult
- Input Pipe Stages: 1
- Probe Width of PROBE0: 8
- Click OK and then Skip to
create the IP.
Do not select Generate. Leave the Synthesis Options set to Out of context per IP.
This IP now fills in underneath the
my_mathhierarchy. The ILA core monitors the multiply function. You have now completed a full design hierarchy.