After generating a license file, you will receive an email from ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
- Save the license file (.lic) attached to the e-mail to a temporary directory on your local system.
- Run the Vivado License Manager:
- For Windows 10 or earlier: Select .
- For Windows 8.1: Run the Manage Xilinx Licenses app from the full listing of Apps on your Start screen.
- For Linux: Type
vlmin a command-line shell.
- On the left hand pane of Vivado License Manager, expand Getting a License and select Load License.
- If you received a certificate license (.lic) file, click the Copy License button on the Load License screen.
- Browse to your license file (Xilinx.lic) and click Open.
This action copies the license file to the %APPDATA%\XilinxLicense (Windows) or <Home>/.Xilinx directory of your computer where it will be automatically found by the Xilinx tools.
- Click OK.