The Vivado License Manager (VLM) is intended to assist with license generation for Certificate-based licenses only.
Vivado License Manager is installed with Vivado Edition and many standalone tool installations. The following figure shows the VLM.
The typical tasks that Vivado License Manager is used for are:
- Obtaining A License
- Choose from several license options and go to the Xilinx Product Licensing Site to complete the license generation process.
- Viewing License Status
- See which licenses are visible to the local machine. This is a useful view for debugging licensing issues.
- Loading Licenses Onto a Local Machine
- After a certificate license (.lic) file has been received, it can be placed into the appropriate location on the machine. For step-by-step instructions, see the Installing Your License key section for your license type below.
- Viewing and Setting (Windows) License Search Locations
Vivado tools will look in
several default locations to try to find authorization to run. If your license
is located elsewhere on the machine or on a floating license server, a path to
that license must be specified. Recommended: It is recommended that the XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE environment variable be used to specify Xilinx license file locations. LM_LICENSE_FILE can also be used, but is mainly intended for non-Xilinx or legacy license path use.