- In the Vivado Hardware Manager, click Open Target in the green alert bar and select Open New Target.
- In the Open New Hardware Target dialog box, click Next to go to the Hardware Server Settings.
- Select the server to which the board is connected.
- If the board is connected to the local PC, select Local Server and click Next.
- If you are connecting to a remote server, see Connecting to a Hardware
hw_serverin the Vivado Design Suite User Guide: Programming and Debugging (UG908) .
When the hardware is detected successfully, the part information will be displayed in the Open New Hardware Target dialog box.
- Verify the part information, then click Next and
- In the Hardware Devices window,
right-click the part and select Program Device.
- Select the bit file from the implementation runs directory of the project created in Lab 2 for the UltraScale™ design (<project_dir>/power_tutorial2/power_tutorial2.runs/impl_1/ dut_fpga.bit) and click Program.
- After the program completes successfully, select XADC (System Monitor) in the Hardware window, right-click and select
Dashboard, and then select New Dashboard.
- Click OK. The System
Monitor window opens and plots Die Temperature
(Junction Temperature) in the Graph Window.