The SAIF output file requested in the simulation run is generated in the project directory. This SAIF file is used to further guide the power analysis algorithm.
- Ensure the SAIF file requested is generated. Check to see that the SAIF file requested in
the simulation settings prior to running simulation appears in this
- In the Flow Navigator window, click on Open Synthesized Design to expand options.
- From the Synthesized Design options, select Report Power.
- In the Report Power dialog box, set the Results name to power_3.
- In the Output tab
of Report Power dialog
box, make the following changes:
- Set the Output text File to power_3.pwr
- Set the Output XPE File to power_3.xpe
- In the Environment tab of Report Power dialog box, make sure that the Process is set to maximum.
- In the Switching
tab of Report Power
dialog box, specify the SAIF file location.
- Click OK in the Report Power dialog box.
The report_power command runs, and the Power Report power_3 is generated in the Power tab of the results windows area.
Note: The SAIF annotation results are displayed in the Tcl Console. Make sure that all the design nets are matched with simulation nets, to achieve better accuracy by including Simulation data. For 7 series devices, the number of design nets and simulation nets may vary due to various reasons. The most common reason is that their hierarchical separators are different. Sometimes, the simulation nets may be lower down in the hierarchy level. However, they should match 100%.
Example: INFO: [Power 33-26] Design nets matched = 1894 of 1894
- Go to the I/O view in the
Power report. Note that all the I/O
port activity data has been set from simulation data we specified. The data is
color coded to indicate activity rates read from the
Simulation output file.
- Note the difference in total power numbers (Total
On-Chip Power in the
Summary view) between a pure
vectorless run in the power_1 results
versus with the post synthesis functional simulation data in the
power_3 results. Also note that the
dut/dut_resetsignal rates are overwritten by simulation SAIF data.