This section covers the clocking guidelines for Dynamic Function eXchange (DFX) designs. In general, clocks in a DFX design are categorized as internal clocks and boundary clocks:
- Reconfigurable module internal clocks
- Clocks with driver and loads inside the reconfigurable module (RM).
- Boundary clocks
- Clocks with nets crossing the cell boundary of the
reconfigurable module as follows:
- Driver in the static region and loads in the RM
- Driver in the RM and loads in the static region
- Driver in the static region and loads distributed between RM and static region
- Driver in the RM region and loads distributed between RM and static region
The following figure shows an example of the different boundary clocks.
Figure 1. DFX Clock Tile Sharing
For more information on DFX, see the Vivado Design Suite User Guide: Dynamic Function eXchange (UG909).