You can package block design sources within the current Vivado project as a packaged IP for inclusion in a user IP repository.
Following is important information to note when using packaged BDs:
- There is no view or modification capability from the top BD.
- Packaging a BD with ModRefs is supported.
- Packaging a BD with BDC is not supported.
- Packaged BDs lose BD boundary properties and metadata (e.g., FREQ_HZ, X_INTERFACE_* attributes, etc.). To retain this information, the information must be present in the BD wrapper file or copied into the top source file of the IP package.
- Packaging a BD is a snapshot of the block design. After packaging, the BD is a static IP and is not an editable or dynamic block design.
- Packaging a BD with RTL module references is supported. However, packaging a BD with block design containers is not supported.
- Packaging a BD that includes CIPS or NoC IP is not allowed.
- SmartConnect and AXI Interconnect address information is fixed within a packaged IP.