You might need to debug the programmable logic (PL) and hard blocks if you encounter situations that are difficult to replicate in PL logic simulation. The PL and hard blocks support logic debug using the following ChipScope™ debug IP cores and hard blocks:
- AXI Streaming Integrated Logic Analyzer (AXIS-ILA)
- The AXIS-ILA core allows you to perform in-system debugging of post-implemented designs by triggering on-hardware events and capturing data at design speeds.
- AXI Streaming Virtual Input/Output (AXIS-VIO)
- The AXIS-VIO core allows you to monitor and drive design signals in real time, taking the place of physical input or output elements such as switches or light-emitting diodes (LEDs).
- Integrated Bit Error Ratio Tester (IBERT) GTY
- The Versal ACAP GTY contains built-in IBERT Serial Analyzer functionality that allows in-system serial I/O validation and debug. This solution requires no additional PL IP.
- NoC DDRMC Calibration Debug
- The DDRMC integrated into the Versal ACAP NoC supports a calibration debug interface accessible through the Vivado® Hardware Manager.
- PCI Express Link Debug
- The Versal ACAP PCI Express® Integrated Block supports a link debug interface. If enabled, you can view the Link Training and Status State Machine (LTSSM) state transitions in the Vivado Hardware Manager.