Following are Versal ACAP simulation recommendations:
- Choose the appropriate simulation flow and abstraction based on the scope and intended purpose.
- Simulate and verify each component individually before integrating them and running hardware emulation, including the AI Engine graph, HLS kernels, RTL blocks, hardware platform, and PS code.
- Reuse test benches and test vectors whenever possible when testing different blocks and functions. For example, if the output of one block is the input to another block, reusing test vectors to simulate these two blocks eases the integration process.
- Perform gradual system integration. You do not need to run simulation on the entire system from the very beginning. Running simulation with a subset of the PS, PL, and AI Engine components can establish a known foundation, and you can gradually add functionality.
- Simulate and verify every design change. The earlier an issue is caught, the easier it is to address.