The New Project wizard takes you through the steps to define a project name and location, add source files and constraint files to the project, and select a target device. Refer to Vivado Naming Conventions for information on naming files and projects.
- In the Vivado IDE, select . Note: Alternatively, you can also select Create Project on the Getting Started Page.
- In the New Project wizard, review the overview, and click Next.
- In the Project Name page, set the following options, and click Next.
Note: By default, this check box is enabled and the project file (.xpr extension) is created at <project_location>/<project_name>. All folders and data files created for the project are stored in the <project_name> subdirectory. If you disable this check box, the project file (.xpr extension) is created at <project_location >, and all folders and data files created for the project are stored in that project location.Figure 1. New Project Wizard—Project Name Page
- Project name: Specifies the name of the project (for example, project_1).
- Project location: Specifies the location for the new project directory.
- Create Project Subdirectory: Adds a subdirectory with the same name as the project to the specified project location.
- In the Project Type page, specify the type of project, which determines the types of source
files that are associated with the project.Figure 2. New Project Wizard—Project Type Page
- Depending on the type of project you are creating, continue with the instructions in one of the following sections. The remaining pages of the wizard guide you through adding appropriate sources to the project.