- From the Flow Navigator under RTL Analysis, select Open Elaborated Design.
- Once the design has been elaborated, select Report
Methodology from the Flow Navigator under RTL Analysis.
Alternatively, select . Note: Alternatively, you can enter this command in the Tcl Console:
report_methodology -name <results_name>.
- In the Report Methodology dialog box, set these options, and click OK:
- Results name
- Specify the name for the results, which appear in a tab in the Methodology window. Entering a unique name makes it easier to identify the results for a particular run during debugging.
- Output file
- Optionally, to write the report to a file, check the Export to file box and enter a file name. To select a path other than the default, use the browse button.
- Interactive report file
- Save the report to a file.
Figure 1. Report Methodology Dialog Box
- Allows you to explore and specify which rules to run.
- New tab
- By default a new tab is created for the report. To disable this option, uncheck the Open in a new tab box.