From the Vivado Vivado IDE uses the netlist and implementation details from the design, and combines that information with the available per-pin parasitic package information to create a custom IBIS model for the design. IDE, you can generate IBIS models from the design and per-pin package data. The
With an elaborated, synthesized, or implemented design open, you can export an IBIS file for use in analyzing the design as follows:
- Select .
- IDE, you can generate IBIS models from the design and per-pinIn the Export IBIS Model dialog box (see the following figure), set the
following options, and click OK:
- Output File
- Specify the file name and path for the output IBIS file.
- Include all models
- Include all available I/O buffer models for this device. By default, only buffer models used in the design are included.
- Disable per pin modeling
- Disable inclusion of the per-pin modeling of the package. This is the path from the die pad of the device to the pin of the package. With per-pin modeling disabled, the package is reduced to a single RLC transmission line model applied to all pins and defined in the [Package] section of the IBIS file.
- Maximum length of signal names
- Truncate signal names to the specified limit
- Truncate signal names to 40 characters, which is supported by IBIS version 4.2 as the default.
- Truncate signal names to 20 characters.
- Do not truncate signal names.
- Updated generic IBIS model file
- Optionally, provide an IBIS model file for the
device. This is used to override the IBIS models found in the
installation under the parts directory.Important: The IBIS model file is required for devices that do not have IBIS models included with software installation.
- Updated parasitic package data file
- Optionally, provide a parasitic package file
(.pkg extension) file to use for per-pin
extractions. This is used to override the parasitic package file
found in the installation hierarchy under the parts directory.Important: The parasitic package file is required for devices that do not have IBIS models included with software installation.
- Component Name
- Optionally, specify a new component name to change the default value, which is the device family.