report_phys_optprovides details of each optimization performed by
phys_opt_designat a very fine level of detail. It must be run in the same Vivado session as
phys_opt_designwhile the optimization history resides in memory.
Therefore, if a report is desired, it is recommended to
report_phys_opt command in Tcl scripts
immediately following the last
The reports are available only for post-placement
phys_opt_design optimizations. The reports are
not cumulative. Each
phys_opt run has a
different phys_opt report that only accounts for the changes made during that
particular run of
The following report example shows the first entry of a fanout optimization involving a register named pipeline_en. The following details are shown in the report:
- The original driver pipeline_en drives 816 loads and the paths containing this high fanout net fail timing with WNS of -1.057 ns.
- The driver pipeline_en was replicated to create one new cell, pipeline_en_replica.
- The 816 loads were split between pipeline_en_replica, which takes 386 loads, and the original driver pipeline_en, which takes the remaining 430 loads.
- After replication and placement of pipeline_en_replica, the WNS of pipeline_en_replica paths is +0.464 ns, and the WNS of pipeline_en paths is reduced to zero.
- The placement of the original driver pipeline_en was changed to improve WNS based on the locations of its reduced set of loads.