The recommended steps after implementation are:
- Review the implementation messages.
- Review the implementation reports to validate key aspects of the design:
- Timing constraints are met
- Utilization is as expected (
- Power is as expected (
- Timing constraints are met (
- Write the bitstream file.
Writing the bitstream file includes a final DRC to ensure that the design does not violate any hardware rules.
- If any design requirements have not been met:
- In Project Mode, open the implemented design for further analysis.
- In Non-Project Mode, open a post-implementation design checkpoint.
For more information on analysis of the implemented design, see this link in the Vivado Design Suite User Guide: Design Analysis and Closure Techniques (UG906).