- Connect all the physical devices such as SATA Drive, PCIe® card, and USB device based on your selection from the four valid GT configurations for ZCU102 prior to loading the FSBL. Hot swap or hot plug is not supported.
- Open Vivado.
- Open hardware manager and connect to a board with a Zynq
UltraScale+ device. The following example shows
connecting to a board on a remote machine, so hw_server needs to be running on
the remote machine before it can connect.
- Verify the ARM_DAP is visible in the hardware device list and click
Next, and then click Finish.
- Right-click the ARM_DAP device in
the hardware tree and select Configure IBERT
- When the dialog box opens, you must provide the FSBL ELF file created in the
previous steps and optionally a configuration file (a bitstream, if your design
requires one). You can also reset the system before configuring with the
Reset Zynq option
checked. Click OK when done.Note: The Reset Zynq option leaves the ARM_DAP in a bad state on early versions of Zynq UltraScale+ devices (e.g. ZU9EG es1). If that occurs, power cycle the board and keep the Reset Zynq option unchecked.
config_hw_sio_gtsis executed with the selected settings.
refresh_hw_deviceis then called to rescan the device for new debug cores. The IBERT should be configured as shown in the following example.
- The Auto-detect links option does not work for PS-GTR. You can manually
create links by using Create Links as shown in the following figure.
- Create links for all four lanes with each lane’s TX connected to the same
lane’s RX, as shown in the following figure.
Click OK when done.
- The following figure shows the Serial I/O Links view where Status shows all
the four lanes as linked.
Note: The Link 1 PLL Status shows Not Locked, because it uses the Link 0 PLL as required by PCIe protocol.
- Right-click on any link and select Create
- Select the appropriate parameters for EyeScan and perform the EyeScan. For
example, the following figure is performing EyeScan on Lane L1 (Link 1). Once
the EyeScan completes, the eye from -1UI to +1UI will be displayed.Note: Although the Create Scan pop up shows -0.5UI to +0.5UI, the EyeScan displayed is from -1UI to +1UI.
- The following figure is a sample EyeScan performed on Lane L1.
Note: The value reported by Open UI % is a percentage of the entire horizontal axis, which is 2UI wide for the PS-GTR transceiver.