- In the Explorer view, right-click on the system project and
select the Add Application Project
command, as shown in the following figure.
- This displays the Application Project Details page as shown in the
Make sure the project is assigned to the existing system project, which also contains your AI Engine graph project. Specify the Application project name.
Select the Cortex®-A72 processor core, and click Next to proceed.
- This displays the Domain page of the project wizard as shown
Because you have selected the Cortex®-A72 processor core, the XRT domain is the only available option. This indicates the domain includes the Linux operating system and the XRT library. You must also specify the following three elements of the embedded platform:
- Root FS
- Kernel Image
These items are required for loading and booting the operating system and run-time drivers. These files are available from the Embedded Platforms download page. Specify the files and click Next to proceed.
- The Templates page opens for the PS Application project,
as shown in the following figure.
In this case, where you are creating a new PS project, select the Empty Application template (default), and click Finish to create the project. The new PS project is created and added to the top-level system project that you have been working on.
- Add the source code for the PS application. In the Explorer view, right-click the src folder of the PS project and click the Import Sources command (). Browse to and select the necessary source files for your PS application. Click Finish to import the selected source files.
- Add include directories, link libraries, C++ standard, and build
configurations, as required, by right-clicking on the PS project and selecting
C/C++ Build Settings. You can
configure the project properties for the PS project.
Your top-level system project can also have an application to run in the PS domain of the Versal ACAP to load and run the AI Engine graph and PL kernels. Use the following process to create a PS application project and add it to your system project.
With the PS application project created, as well as the AI Engine graph and the PL kernels, your top-level system project is almost ready to build from the top-down.