Now that you have generated the executable binary, you can test it on a board. To run the application on the board, perform the following preliminary steps:
- Connect a JTAG cable to the computer.
- Set the Boot Mode switch of the board to JTAG mode.
- Connect a USB UART cable and setup your UART console.
- Power up the board.
- Expand the system project and choose the application project you want to debug. Right-click the application and select .
- On the Confirm Perspective Switch dialog, click Yes. The Vitis IDE switches
to the Debug perspective and the debugger stops at the entry to your
- Using the commands in the toolbar, step through the application. After you
step through the
Hello Worldappears in the UART console.