The Xilinx® Zynq® UltraScale+™ MPSoC architecture supports heterogeneous multiprocessor engines targeted at different tasks. The main approaches for developing software to target these processors are by using the following:
- Frameworks for Multiprocessor Development
- Describes the frameworks available for development on the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC.
- Symmetric Multiprocessing (SMP)
- Using SMP with PetaLinux is the most simple flow for developing an SMP with a Linux platform for the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC.
- Asymmetric Multiprocessing (AMP)
- AMP is a powerful mode to use multiple processor engines with precise control over what runs on each processor. Unlike SMP, there are many different ways to use AMP. This section describes two ways of using AMP with varying levels of complexity.
The following sections describe these development methods in more detail.