When PMU firmware is loaded by CBR, it is executed prior to FSBL. So the MIOs, Clocks and other initializations are not done at this point. Consequently, the PMU firmware banner and other prints may not be seen prior to FSBL. Post FSBL execution, the PMU firmware prints can be seen as usual.
To make the CBR load PMU firmware, follow these steps:
- Change the BOOT.bin boot partitions.
- Perform the steps listed in Loading PMU Firmware in NON-JTAG Boot Mode.
- Create a new bif file. Choose the following:
- Architecture: ZynqMP.
- You will see A53 fsbl and hello_world example by default in partitions. Also, we need pmufw.
- Click Add and then provide the pmufw.elf path. Select the Partition type as pmu (loaded by bootrom).
- Click OK.
- Click on Create Image. You will see BOOT.bin created in a new folder named bootimage in your example project.
- You can also view .BIF to confirm the
- Now copy this BOOT.bin into SD card.
- Boot the ZCU102 board in SD boot mode. You can see the example prints in a sequence.