The Memory Generator wizard allows you to enter block memory information in the spreadsheet. Click the Add/Manage IP button to access the Memory Generator Wizard on the Summary sheet or the Manage IP button in the IP Manager sheet. You can also click the Add Memory button on the block RAM sheet to access the Memory Generator Wizard. The XPE Memory Generator wizard provides a simplified method of filling in the block RAM sheet in XPE. The following fields are available in the Block Memory tab:
- Memory Type
- The type of memory your design uses.
- Single-Port RAM
- Simple-Dual Port RAM
- True-Dual Port RAM
- Single-Port ROM
- Dual-Port ROM
- The clock frequency at which the block RAM operates. For dual-port memory types, XPE assumes the same clock frequency for both Port A and Port B.
- The average toggle rate of the data signals. A toggle rate of 25% means that the data signals toggle at every fourth clock cycle.
- Port A and Port B
- If you have selected a single port Memory Type, you must enter information for Port A only. If you have selected a dual port Memory Type, enter the following information for both Port A and Port B:
- The bit width for each word in the port.
- The depth of the port.
Width × Depthis the total number of bits in the memory.
- The percentage of time that the port will be enabled.
- Module Name
- Allows you to assign a name to the generated block memory configuration. This will help you to distinguish multiple configurations in the XPE worksheets.
After it is configured and generated, a new row in the block RAM sheet and a row in the Logic sheet is filled in with the information you have entered in the dialog box. See the Versal® ACAP Memory Resources User Guide for more information on block RAM and memory settings.