- Boot Xen and Dom-0. For details on how to boot Xen and Dom-0, refer to PetaLinux Tools Documentation: Reference Guide (UG1144).
- Enable Xen awareness by enabling OS aware debug for Xen symbol file. Symbol files are added to a process context to enable source level debugging. For details on how to enable Xen awareness, refer to Enabling Xen Awareness.
- Create a Linux application project. For details on how to create a Linux application project, refer Creating a Linux Application Project.
- Configure the Dom-0 user space process by adding the symbol file of the application running on Linux for the debug context of the virtual CPU (VCPU#) of the host domain (Dom-0).
Configure Dom-U user space process.
- Copy the guest Linux images to Dom-0 file system.
Create the Linux guests with para-virtual networking.
name = "guest 0" kernel = "/boot/Image" extra = "console=hvc0 rdinit=/sbin/init" memory = 256 vcpus = 2 vif = [ 'bridge=xenbr0' ]
- Add the symbol file of the application running on Linux for the debug context of the virtual cpu (VCPU#) of the guest domain (Dom-U).
- When the symbol files are set, you can insert breakpoints, step in, step out, watch variables, stack trace or perform other source level debugging tasks.