- Boot Xen and Dom-0. For details on how to boot Xen and Dom-0, refer to PetaLinux Tools Documentation: Reference Guide (UG1144).
- Enable Xen awareness by enabling OS aware debug for Xen symbol file. Symbol files are added to a process context to enable source level debugging. For details on how to enable Xen awareness, refer to Enabling Xen Awareness.
- The Debug view is updated with the list of processes running on the Linux kernel when OS-aware debugging is enabled. The processes list is updated for the first time when the processor core is halted, and is updated dynamically thereafter (new processes are added to the list and terminated processes are removed).
- Click Edit Source Lookup Path
to set the path mappings for the selected debug configuration. The debugger uses
path map to search and load symbols files for all executable files and shared
libraries in the system.
Note: Path Map is used for both symbols and source lookups.
- Add a breakpoint or suspend the core. As soon as the breakpoint is hit, the debug view is updated with all the information.
- You can now insert breakpoints, step in, step out, watch variables, stack trace or perform other source level debugging tasks.