A driver or library has two associated data files:
- Data Definition File (MDD or MLD file)
- This file defines the configurable parameters for the driver, OS, or library.
- Data Generation File (Tcl)
- This file uses the parameters configured in the MSS file for a driver, OS, or
library to generate data. Data generated includes but is not limited to
generation of header files, C files, running DRCs for the driver, OS, or
library, and generating executables.
The Tcl file includes procedures that tool calls at various stages of its execution. Various procedures in a Tcl file include:
- The name of DRC given in the MDD or MLD file.
- A tool-defined procedure that is called after files are copied.
- A tool-defined procedure that is called after generate has been called on all drivers, OSs, and libraries.
- A tool-defined procedure that is called after the BSPs, libraries, and drivers have been generated.
Note: The data generation (Tcl) file is not necessary for a driver, OS, or library.
For more information about the Tcl procedures and MDD/MLD related parameters, refer to Microprocessor Driver Definition (MDD) and Microprocessor Library Definition (MLD).