The Vitis software platform provides the capability to monitor a running target regardless of the target operating system.
Note: If no ATG is configured in the hardware, the ATG Configuration view will be empty. Make sure to remove the Breakpoints by selecting .
- If your design is defined in the Vivado Design Suite, then it is recommended to create a platform
specification based on the design. To do performance analysis based on the
- Build and export your bitstream using Vivado Design Suite. in the
- In the Vitis™ software platform, select and import the generated file <your design>.xsa into the Vitis software platform.
- Right-click on the platform project and select .
- Select SPM Analysis and click the New button to create a performance analysis configuration.
- Select Standalone Application Debug from the Debug Type dropdown list.
- Select the imported hardware platform specification from the Hardware platform dropdown list.
- Select the Reset entire system and Program FPGA check boxes.
- Click Run to launch the Performance Analysis perspective.
- For any reason, if you cannot create a hardware platform specification, or do not
have one, you can still do performance analysis in the Vitis
software platform. To do performance analysis in absence of the specification:
- Select OK to save the details and close the Configure APM page. . Click
- Select Single Application Debug and click the New button to create a new configuration.
- Select Attach to running target from the Debug Type dropdown list.
- Click Performance Analysis Configuration to edit the PS and APM settings.
- Click ATG configuration to see the ATG configuration.
- Click Apply and run to see the data.