Setting Up the Remote System Environment
- Running the hw_server with non-default port (for example: 3122) enables
remote connections. Use the following command to launch the hw_server on
the hw_server -s TCP::3122
- Make sure your board is correctly connected.
- In a cmd window on the host machine, check the IP address:
- Running the hw_server with non-default port (for example: 3122) enables remote connections. Use the following command to launch the hw_server on port 3122:
- Setting Up the Local System for Remote Debug:
- Launch the Vitis software platform.
- Select the application to debug remotely.
- Select .
- Create a new system debugger configuration.
- In the Target Setup tab,
click New to create a new target connection.
- In the New Target Connection wizard, add the required details for the remote host that is connected to the target.
- Target Name: Type a name for the target.
- Host: IP address or name of the host machine.
- Port: Port on which the hardware server was launched, such as 3121.
- Select Use Symbol Server to ensure that the source code view is available, during debugging the application remotely. Symbol server acts as a mediator between hardware server and the Vitis software platform.
- Click OK.
- Now you can see that there are two available connections. In this case,
remote_zc702_1 is the remote connection.
- Select or add the remaining debug configuration details and click Debug.