Xilinx® Support Archive (.xsa) is a Xilinx proprietary file format and only Xilinx software tools understand it. Third-party software tools can communicate to the XSCT Tcl interface to extract data from the .xsa file.
Note: Xilinx does not recommend manually editing the XSA file or altering its contents.
XSA is a container and contains:
- One or more .hwh files
- Vivado® tool version, part, and board tag information
- IP - instance, name, VLNV, and parameters
- Memory Map information of the processors
- Internal Connectivity information (including interrupts, clocks, etc.) and external ports information
- BMM/MMI and BIT files
- User and HLS driver files
- Other meta-data files