One of the very common example is PetaLinux Boot Idle state. It represents a system or state when GPU is not needed. However, the processors are immediately ready.
This mode requires the following configuration into the XPE PS sheet:
- Set R5 Idle: Set R5 load to 0%
- Set A53 Idle: Set A53 processor load to 0%
- Set GPU Off:
- Set number of GPU processors to 0 from the drop down list
- Clear the clock frequency of GPU and set load to 0%
- Clear the GPU PLL clock frequency
The following figure shows this mode where Processors (A53 and R5) are Idle and GPU is OFF.
Figure 1. PetaLinux Boot IDLE State Example