The I/O Planning view layout provides several ways to assign I/O ports to package pins. You can select individual I/O ports, groups of I/O ports, or interfaces in the I/O Ports window, and assign them to package pins in the Package window or to I/O pads in the Device window.
In the Package window, you can:
- Drag and drop ports to package pins.
- View port placement and constraints.
- Move the cursor over the pins to show the I/O pin coordinates on the top and left sides of the window.
- Hold the cursor over a pin to show a tooltip that displays the pin information.
- Display differential pairs by selecting the Package window settings and opening the General tab.
Note: Additional I/O pin and bank information displays in the status bar located at the bottom of the Vivado IDE.