The Vivado IP integrator provides a feature for identifying AXI interfaces to display in the Vivado simulator's wave viewer directly from the block design window. Perform the following steps to mark an AXI interface for viewing in the Vivado simulator:
- Locate the AXI interface you want to view.
- Right-click the corresponding net connection (orange line as shown in the following figure).
- Click Mark Simulation. Note: Mark Simulation option can only be applied on an AXI interface.
- Repeat steps 1-3 to mark additional interfaces.
- Click Clear Simulation option to clear a marked AXI
interface. Note: Clear Simulation option is available only when an AXI interface is marked.
- Launch the Vivado simulator. Save the block
design if prompted.
When the Vivado simulator starts, the interfaces you marked appear in the Wave window. If the Vivado project is customized to open a wave configuration automatically, the marked interfaces are added to the wave configuration if not already present. If the Vivado project is not customized to open a wave configuration, the Vivado simulator creates a default wave configuration containing the marked interfaces in lieu of the usual top-level HDL signal list.
CAUTION:Some AXI interfaces which are internal to an AXI interconnect may not display correctly in the wave viewer depending on the configuration of the interconnect. It is recommended that you mark interfaces only on the boundary of an interconnect.