The Setup area of the Design Timing Summary section displays all checks related to max delay analysis: setup, recovery, and data check.
- Worst Negative Slack (WNS): This value corresponds to the worst slack of all the timing paths for max delay analysis. It can be positive or negative.
- Total Negative Slack (TNS): The sum of all WNS violations, when considering only the worst violation of each timing path endpoint. Its value is:
- 0 ns when all timing constraints are met for max delay analysis.
- Negative when there are some violations.
- Number of Failing Endpoints: The total number of endpoints with a violation (WNS<0 ns).
- Total Number of Endpoints: The total number of endpoints analyzed.