Incremental Compile is an advanced design flow for designs that are nearing completion, where small changes are required. After resynthesizing these small changes, the flow:
- Speeds up place and route run time.
- Preserves QoR predictability by reusing prior placement and routing from a reference design. The flow is most effective when synthesis changes result in at least 95 percent similarity to the reference design.
Incremental Debug changes are applied to a placed and routed design by re-implementing the design using the Incremental Compile design flow. This flow is recommended in situations where:
- The debug cores are absent from the existing implemented design or,
- You need to modify existing debug cores by changing probe widths, data depth, etc. or,
- You need to delete debug cores from the design.