Use a marker when you want to mark a significant event within your waveform in a permanent fashion. Markers allow you to measure distance (in samples) relevant to that marked event.
You can add, move, and delete markers as follows:
- You add markers to the wave configuration at the location of the main cursor.
- Place the main cursor at the sample number where you want to add the marker by clicking in the Waveform window at the sample number or on the transition.
A marker is placed at the cursor, or slightly offset if a marker already exists at the location of the cursor. The sample number of the marker displays at the top of the line.
, or click the Add Marker button.
You can move the marker to another location in the waveform using the drag and drop method. Click the marker label (at the top of the marker) and drag it to the location.
- The drag symbol indicates that the marker can be moved. As you drag the marker in the Waveform window, you see a hollow or filled-in circle if the Snap to Transition button is selected, which is the default behavior.
- A filled-in circle indicates that you are hovering over a transition of the waveform for the selected signal or over another marker.
- For markers, the filled-in circle is white.
- A hollow circle indicates that are you between transitions in the waveform of the selected signal.
- Release the mouse key to drop the marker to the new location.
- You can delete one or all markers with one command. Right-click over a marker, and do one of the
- Select Delete Marker from the popup menu to delete a single marker.
- Select Delete All Markers from the popup menu to
delete all markers.Note: You can also use the Delete key to delete a selected marker.
- Use to reverse a marker deletion.