In this section, you examine features of the Vivado simulator GUI that help you monitor signals and analyze simulation results, including:
- Running and restarting the simulation to review the design functionality, using signals in the Waveform window and messages from the testbench shown in the Tcl console.
- Adding signals from the testbench and other design units to the Waveform window so you can monitor their status.
- Adding groups and dividers to better identify signals in the Waveform window.
- Changing signal and wave properties to better interpret and review the signals in the Waveform window.
- Using markers and cursors to highlight key events in the simulation and to perform zoom and time measurement features.
- Using multiple waveform configurations.