The run_synth.tcl script automates the synthesis phase of this tutorial. Seven iterations of synthesis are called, one for the static top-level design, two for the first-order Reconfigurable Modules, and four for the second-order Reconfigurable Modules.
- Open the
On Windows, select the Xilinx® Vivado desktop icon or .
On Linux, type:
vivado -mode tcl.
- In the shell, navigate to the <Extract_Dir> directory.
- Confirm the target board is selected by the xboard variable in run_synth.tcl.
- Run the run_synth.tcl script by entering:
source run_synth.tcl -notrace
After all the seven passes through Vivado Synthesis have completed, the Vivado Tcl shell is left open. You can find log and report files for each module, alongside the final checkpoints, under each named folder in the Synth subdirectory.
Tip: In the <Extract_Dir> directory, multiple log files have been created:
- run.log shows the summary as posted in the Tcl shell window
- command.log echoes all the individual steps run by the script
- critical.log reports all critical warnings produced during the run
Note: The command.log file is itself a Tcl run script. This file can be modified if desired and sources as an input to reproduce the same results as an alternative to the more complex and parameterized Tcl_HD scripts.