Viewing design guidance helps to evaluate design performance and highlights areas of the design where performance tuning is recommended. In Vitis Analyzer, you can view the design guidance generated by tool as follow:
- Open the run summary file,
xrt.run_summary, with the following command:
- In Vitis Analyzer, click Run Guidance in the summary view to view guidance information.
- From Guidance view, there are recommended predefined threshold values and actual result from the design under reviewed.
- Click on the guidance name for better description of the guidance rule. For
example, AIE_STALL has the description of
The rule checks the stall percentage of AI Engine tiles.
- The predefined values can be adjusted by clicking on the predefined value shown in blue and update with preferred value. Doing so to filter out rules in the guidance view for the design.
- Click on percentage value of the guidance rule to open the Profile Summary of the design.