For AI Engine API documentation, see the AI Engine API User Guide (UG1529).
- The AI Engine API is a portable programming interface for AI Engine kernel programming. This API interface will target current and future AI Engine architectures.
- The interface provides parameterizable data types that enable generic programming and also implements the most common operations in a uniform way across the different data types. It is an easier programming interface as compared to using intrinsic functions.
- It is implemented as a C++ header-only library that gets translated into optimized intrinsic functions.
For an advanced user that needs programming with intrinsics, refer to Versal ACAP AI Engine Intrinsics Documentation (UG1078).
The AI Engine API user guide is organized as follows:
- API Reference
- Basic Types
- Floating-point Conversion
- Elementary Functions
- Matrix Multiplication
- Fast Fourier Transform (FFT)
- Special Multiplications
- Operator Overloading
- Interoperability with Adaptive Data Flow (ADF) Graph Abstractions
Figure 1. AI Engine API User Guide
The AI Engine API user guide is also available through the Vitis™ IDE.
Figure 2. AI Engine API Documentation through the Vitis IDE