By default, the top level system settings are set to generate the first stage boot loader. This is optional.
If you had disabled first stage boot loader from menuconfig previously, You can configure the project to build first stage boot loader as follows:
- Launch top level system settings configuration menu and
- Select Linux Components Selection ---> sub-menu.
- Select First Stage Boot
[*] First Stage Bootloader
- Select the FSBL Configuration ---> submenu.
- For application compiler flags, select .
- For BSP compiler flags, select .
- Enter your compilation flags.
- Exit the menu and save the change.
petalinux-buildto build the FSBL:
Build the FSBL when building the project:
Build the FSBL only:
$ petalinux-build -c fsbl (for MicroBlaze, it is fs-boot)
The boot loader ELF file is installed as zynqmp_fsbl.elf for Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC, zynq_fsbl.elf for Zynq®-7000 devices and fs-boot.elf for MicroBlaze™ processors in images/linux inside the project root directory.
For more information on FSBL, see https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842019/FSBL.