The PetaLinux tools installation requirements are:
- Minimum workstation requirements:
- 8 GB RAM (recommended minimum for Xilinx® tools)
- 2 GHz CPU clock or equivalent (minimum of eight cores)
- 100 GB free HDD space
- Supported OS:
- Red Hat Enterprise Workstation/Server 7.4, 7.5, 7.6, 7.7, 7.8, 7.9, 8.1, 8.2 (64-bit), 8.3, 8.4, 8.5
- CentOS Workstation/Server 7.4, 7.5, 7.6, 7.7, 7.8, 7.9, 8.1, 8.2 (64-bit), 8.3, 8.4, 8.5
- Ubuntu Linux Workstation/Server 18.04.1, 18.04.2, 18.04.3, 18.04.4, 18.04.5, 20.04, 20.04.1, 20.04.2, 20.04.3 (64-bit)
- SUSE Linux 15.2
- You need to have root access to install the required packages mentioned in the release notes. The PetaLinux tools need to be installed as a non-root user.
- PetaLinux requires a number of standard development tools and libraries to be installed on your Linux host workstation. Install the libraries and tools listed in the release notes on the host Linux.
- PetaLinux tools require that your host system
/bin/shis 'bash'. If you are using Ubuntu distribution and your
/bin/shis 'dash', consult your system administrator to change your default system shell
sudo dpkg-reconfigure dashcommand.
Note: For package versions, refer to the PetaLinux 2022.1 Release Notes and Master Answer Record: 33799.
Consult your system administrator if you are not sure about the correct procedures for host system package management.
Important: PetaLinux 2022.1 works only with hardware designs exported from Vivado® Design Suite 2022.1.