You can use the Vivado IP integrator to configure the Versal ACAP programmable logic (PL). The PL is flexible, and the configuration uses building blocks or integrated components to create a customized design.
The PL is a complex structure that includes integrated and instantiated hardware accelerators, controllers, memories, and miscellaneous functional units.
- Integrated functional units include a multi-gigabit Ethernet MAC.
- Building blocks are used to instantiate functional units, and connect the integrated units to the interconnect and I/O structures. Building blocks include DSP, block RAM, UltraRAM, and clocking structures.
- Instantiated functional units are built using the PL integrated
building blocks and could include:
- AXI, NoC interconnect
- Platform control components
- PS configuration and reset
- Digital functional units
- Adders, counters, floating point unit (FPU), and video
- Radio frequency-oriented (RF) functional units
- RF usage functional units, long term evolution (LTE), and radio