To design an efficient system, you must choose the device boot mode that best matches the system requirements. Each boot mode uses a different set of Platform Management Controller (PMC) pins. Factors to consider include the following:
- Review PMC dedicated, PMC multiplexed I/O (MIO) pins, and PL extended MIO
(EMIO) pin requirements. Note: Each boot mode uses a set of dedicated I/O pins or multiplexed I/O pins. The multiplexed I/O pins are then released for general use when boot is completed.
- Ensure the boot mode selected does not place undesired voltage restrictions on peripherals sharing the MIO bank.
- Choose suitable terminations for different PMC pins.
- Use the recommended values of pull-up or pull-down resistors for PMC pins.
There are several boot mode options. Although the options are flexible, there is often an optimal solution for each system. Consider the following when choosing the best boot option:
- Setup, including pin count and pin location
For more information on device boot mode options, see the following: