- Launch the Vitis IDE directly from the
following command line.
$vitisImportant: When opening a new target platform, to enter a Vitis core development kit command, ensure that you set it up as described in Setting Up the Vitis Environment.
The Vitis IDE opens.
- Select a workspace as shown in the following figure.
The workspace is the folder that stores your projects, source files, and results while working in the IDE. You can define separate workspaces for each project, or have a single workspace with multiple projects and types. The following instructions show you how to define a workspace for a Vitis IDE project.
- Click Browse to navigate to and specify the workspace, or type the appropriate path in the Workspace field.
- Optionally enable Use this as the default and do
not ask again to set the specified workspace as your default
choice and eliminate this dialog box in subsequent uses of the IDE.Note: To restore the dialog box, navigate to , and select Prompt for workspace on startup.
- Click Launch. Tip: To change the current workspace from within the Vitis IDE, select .
You have now created a workspace and can populate it with projects.