Your Vitis software platform workspace can point to multiple software repositories. The scope of the software repository can be global (available across all workspaces) or local (available only to the current workspace). Components found in any local software repositories added to a Vitis software platform workspace take precedence over identical components, if any, found in the global software repositories, which in turn take higher precedence over identical components found in the Vitis software platform installation.
A repository in the Vitis software platform requires a specific organization of the components. Software components in your repository must belong to one of the following directories:
- drivers: Used to hold device drivers.
- sw_services: Used to hold libraries.
- bsp: Used to hold software platforms and board support packages.
- sw_apps: Used to hold software standalone applications.
- sw_apps_linux: Used to hold Linux applications.
Within each directory, sub-directories containing individual software components must be present. The following diagram shows the repository structure.